Search Ads: what are they?
Why search ads?
Google Search allows you to bid against your competitors, as well as specifically target people who are problem or solution-focused right now.
Unlike Facebook, where people are logging on to see pictures of friends or catch up on the gossip of their extended families, Google is used by people who are in the right mindset. They are using Google Search to find an answer or solution to their questions or problems.
However, you will pay for this privilege: costs per click on Google for SaaS-relevant keywords can easily pass $5.
Still, Google Search is a great platform to acquire the first customers for your SaaS business.
- Search demonstrates intent
- People are searching for your product and service and currently in the mindset to explore
- This is different to social ads which are targeted, but still 'interrupting' another flow
- Google Search Ads can be expensive
- You can also consider Bing and Amazon
Search Ad platforms
- Use the Google free £75 credit
- Set up four campaigns, £25 each and explore performance
- Optimise for conversion
- You'll need to install tracking pixels, consider using Google Tag Manager to set up code snippets quickly
- Search is strong intent
- Personalise landing pages
- Bid on competitor names
- Always optimise for learning