Reddit represents a massive opportunity for your startup to generate its first 100 users. Both paid and organic (free) traffic can be driven from Reddit, potentially at great volumes. My LinkedIn video from last week explains the power of Reddit https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6491626569528811520/
Here’s some things to remember
Reddit can refer high quality traffic at volume, which is a fantastic opportunity.
FOR FREE TRAFFIC
- Engage in the subreddit before sharing your startup
- Post only in relevant subreddits
- Be upfront about who you are and where you are in your journey
- Sell gracefully and persuasively, explaining the product benefits clearly
- Reply to feedback, both good and bad
FOR PAID TRAFFIC
- Sign up at ads.reddit.com
- Target your ad to relevant subreddits
- Make your first ad test just £20 split between two ad variations. Same targeting but different ad copy.
- Reddit users prefer ad copy that is personal, example: Hey Reddit! My startup A takes the pain out of B. Get a free trial just for Reddit users with the code C.
- Run the ads for 3 - 5 days. Review their performance.
- Rinse and repeat
- (Tip! Reddit Ads has a pixel so you can measure CPA)
This is Day 1 of the First 100 Newsletter which will send daily tips, techniques, case studies and strategies to find your startup’s first 100 users.
Hit reply and let me know how you get on with today’s tip. I’m a real person and love to hear from you. Send me your Reddit ad results I will review them for you.
Spend £15 on reddit ads. £5 per ad, three variations. Use a personal story to sell your product or service. Turn comments off. Target the most relevant subreddits.