Idea: create an unforgettable thank you page
Whether it’s after check-out, sign up, newsletter registration, or upgrade, an unforgettable thank you page will delight people and drive word of mouth when they share it.
Note: most thank you pages are pretty similar so there is a good opportunity to stand out by doing something different. However, remember, the user still needs access to critical info like invoices and payment details.
Examples of unforgettable thank you pages
Here’s some examples of startups with unique, unforgettable thank you pages.
Note: it was extremely difficult to find unique thank you pages, which proves there is a good opportunity to stand out. If you implement one, tweet me and I’ll add it here.
How to implement your thank you pages
This is pretty simple:
- Identify the page that loads after your user signs up, upgrades, or purchases
- Edit the page to make it unforgettable (okay, that’s pretty tough, try things)
- Why not start with a silly video from your team?
- Or a beautiful illustration?
- Or an animated GIF and some confetti
- Add social sharing links to make sharing obvious
- Monitor social mentions to see if people are sharing your page