Idea: Embed a watermark
If your SaaS creates images, videos, PDFs, GIFs or clips for users, embed a watermark into it. People viewing the asset will see the watermark, creating awareness.
A watermark on a Twitter image with Brandbird
A watermark on videos filmed with Tella
Watermarks working: in action
Here’s how Jim at Brandbird did it:
- Introduce a freemium tier with watermarked content. Trade customers for brand ambassadors to kick start the word-of-mouth effect
- Make it dead-simple to find the value of the product (aka create an image) and share it on their account. The last part was achieved by the image copy/paste feature
- Follow your users posts to understand what their audience think about the graphics and how to make them better
- The more people use your product, the more possible is to convert to a paid plan. Either to add their own branding or remove the watermark completely
- Even paid users helped me with spreading the word about BrandBird because their visual content was so good that many of their followers were asking about what tool they used to create them.
A Tella video uploaded to YouTube includes a Tella watermark in the corner. This is not a link but still creates brand awareness with viewers of assets made with your tool.