What? Reply to social posts People review the replies to social posts. By sending relevant replies to popular accounts you can drive visitors to your content marketing (like blog posts and resources) and your product.
How-to: a step-by-step guide (for Twitter)
- Follow popular accounts that are also followed by your buyer persona
- On Twitter add them to a private list called 'Reply to These'
- Regularly review the list and look for opportunities to provide value in a reply
- Reply quickly to increase the chance of your tweet being seen and liked
- Some ideas:
- share a link
- share a different view point
- add to or enrich the original tweet
Note: You don't need to link to anything. If you provide value people will click through to your profile, and potentially follow you and click the link in your bio.
Case Study: 200 visits and 20 email sign ups from one tweet
- Identify a tweet where you can add value
- Below, Product Hunt asked "how do you acquire your first users?"
- Reply to the tweet with a relevant link
- Here, I replied with a link to this website (first100users.com)
- This single tweet reply drove 30 likes, 4 RTs, 200 visits to the website , and 20 email sign ups.